Sbonakaliso Ndaba – Indoni’s Artistic Director
European Dance Network (EDN) & the Cape Town Encounter
EDN (European Dance network) is a network for trust and cooperation between 42 European dance houses who share a common vision regarding the development of dance arts across borders. The purpose was to create an opportunity for artists, producers and students to meet and network.
Interview with Indoni’s Artistic Director
The EDN Cape Town Encounter group visited Indoni, interviewed our Artistic Director, Sbonakaliso Ndaba, about her work, and attended a performance of Indoni’s Abakhulu in Stellenbosch.
From the EDNETWORK website :
EDN is a network for trust and cooperation between European dancehouses sharing a common vision regarding the development of dance art across borders.
Their key mission is to cooperate in securing a sustainable future for the dance sector and to improve relevance for diverse dance among society.
To do so, EDN works on different aspects:
- Enhance art management skills, offer team teaching and mentoring
- Sustain a continuous audience education programme and share tools for audience development
- Support a platform for intercultural exchange, develop joint projects, share insight and redevelop our organisations thanks to input from associations
- Use projects to address cultural themes whilst integrating minorities to encourage active cultural participation
- Campaing, conduct best practice model testing, offer support and provide information
- Promote exchanges for artistic development, curate, present and co-produce