- Dance: Contemporary African Dance, Contemporary Ballet, Street dance, Improvisation and Choreography, body conditioning
- Music: Indigenous music instrument making, drumming, singing, and Marimbas
- Arts Administration: Community project development, proposal writing, budgeting and basic financial management, performance organisation and marketing
- Production Management: Lighting, costuming, stage/performing site management
- Theory: History, heritage and legacy studies, dance literacy, safe dance practice and health care
- Foundation courses: Maths, literacy, computers
- Personal Development and Wellness: MovingArt, story-telling and creative writing
- Professional Development: attitudes, commitment, dress codes, punctuality
First Year Programme
First Year Practical Dance training includes:
- Daily dance classes including Body Conditioning and Fitness Training, Contemporary African dance, Contemporary Ballet, Improvisation and Choreography
- Weekly music training including, singing, drumming and marimba classes and instrument making
- Modules of integrated arts including Visual Arts and Drama
- Public performances to develop Performance Skills will be organised under the auspices of the two resident companies, Indoni Dance Theatre and iKapa Dance Theatre.
Theoretical aspects will include modules of:
- Dance and Music History and Theory
- Dance and Music Literacy
- Anatomy, safe use of the body and Health Care
- Life skills such as discipline, commitment, consistency and teamwork and wellness, addressing Trainees’ personal and social needs
- Arts administration; they will learn experientially when they help to organise festivals and performances
- Practice teaching; Trainees will be expected to team teach with their mentors and to contribute to community dance and arts projects.
- Professional Practices
The final first year assessment took place in December 2015 in the form of a community festival, that was organised and publicesed by the students themselves.